Diplomatic and Official Visa
This is a visa issued to Diplomatic, Official and Service passport holders coming into the country on official business or duties and to Ordinary passport holders who are exempted from immigration fees
Where to apply: the visas are available online through the Immigration portal.
- Copy of the diplomatic/official passport (Bio-data page & Cover Page) with at least 6 months validity
- Copy of recent Passport size Photo graph
- Vaccination Certificate (Yellow Fever)
- Copy of Diplomatic Note (Note Verbale)/ support document for official visit
The visa is gratis and is granted Fee Nil
- Visa Fees are non-refundable and all payments are subject to a bank charge.
- Language; all documents attached should be in English.
- Any other documents may be required during processing
Steps for Application
- Step 1: Log into the Immigration Portal and select start new application
- Step 2: Accept the terms and conditions displayed in the Disclaimer.
- Step 3: Select the visa or permit type, category and sub category
- Step 4: Complete the application form
- Step 5: Upload the required documents; a six-digit application ID eg. (234790123) is automatically generated as the reference number
- Step 6: Make payment for applications that require prepayment.
- Step 7: Upon approval, for application that don’t require top up payment, an approval letter will be generated and emailed to the applicant on the home page
- Step 8: Upon approval, make a top up payment for applications that require a top up payment. After payment an approval letter is generated and emailed to the client
- Step 9: Report to the immigration office/ border for biometric capture with all documents uploaded, payment receipts, approval letter and passport